Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Found Letter-- My Sudden Inheritance



SIRO YERK,  SONG OF LOVE
by Medzadur Shishmanian
Yerevan, Armenia  1958
(translated by Anna, Medzadur's granddaughter in 2014)

My heart is like a boiling pot where day by day love grows and grows and as though lit on fire, it wants to tell everyone that there is no pain, sadness, pride or beauty which can diminish the strength of the power that underlies my life and blood.  This well of love has renewed my understanding, thinking and entire existence.  I love without pretense those who are around me and with whom I have shared my life’s bitterness and joy. The sweetness of love has formed my life.  Nothing exists for me other than the world of love.  I have tried to love those who are kind and those who are not.  Love with a whole love. If you want happiness, then love with no exception.  This path has directed me to love persons who have been thought to be uncaring by those around them.  Love, forged inside a celestial pot with the millions of stars and the rays of sun’s light, has received God’s image, because God is love. I would want to see this heavenly pot and plunge inside. To be weaved into a part of the love that has no beginning or end and to then return to this troubled world and place love’s sweetness in people’s hearts. Love is never conquered or bowed. Love is for the ages.  It will continue to absorb the tired, abandoned and hopeless.  Love begets happiness, orders and nurtures people’s lives. It can give strength to the abandoned, wisdom to the weak, hope to the hopeless and breathe in happiness to the saddened.  Oh, I would want to see my beloved family and spend with them ageless years in the love of God’s pastoral presence.


Medzadur Shishmanian


1958, Yerevan, Armenia

No comments:

Post a Comment